Handi Paneer is the special creamy and spicy recipe, here pieces of paneer and diced capsicum is cooked in special type of gravy of yogurt and served in mitti ki handi. That’s why known as Handi Paneer.
It is one of the most famous recipe of mouth watering Punjabi cuisine. This dish is full of rich flavors which for sure spread the aroma of yogurt based creamy and flawless gravy.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 200 gms Cottage cheese (paneer)
- 1 cup capsicum, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh curd (yogurt)
- 2 small onions cut into slices
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 2-3 green chillies chopped
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 4-5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/8 tsp saffron soaked in 1/2 cup of warm milk
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp kitchen king
- 1 tsp butter or vegetable oil
- coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
Whole Garam Masala:
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 dry red chilli (broken in half)
- 2 green cardamoms crushed
- 1 black cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 3-4 black peppercorns
- 1 inch cinnamon stick (cut into pieces)
How to make Handi Paneer:
- Cut the paneer in cubes.
- In a mixing bowl mix the cubes of paneer, diced capsicum, yogurt, fresh cream and salt. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan, add oil or butter and add whole garam masala.
- Saute well for a minute and then add green chillies, minced ginger and chopped garlic.
- Saute for few seconds.
- Add slices of onion and cook until onion gets light pink color.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Cook until tomatoes become tender and flavored.
- Add saffron mixture and 1/2 cup of water and cook until gravy becomes thick.
- Cook on low flame, add marinated paneer along with capsicum and mix in the kitchen king.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti, chapati or naan.
- You may serve this recipe in mitti ki handi to give a perfect look in front of your guest.
- You can garnish this recipe with dry fruits and nuts.
- You can also garnish this dish with grated coconut.
Recommended Recipes for you: