Chicken 65 is the delicious Indo Chinese dish, here boneless chicken thighs are cooked in the vegetables and flavored with the yogurt and fresh Indian spices. This is purely authentic style chicken recipe, given the touch of Chinese sauces. You can serve it as a great starter with the drinks or it is the best option to serve as a main dish of Chinese meal.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 400 gm chicken pieces (boneless and skinless)
- 1 onion sliced / chopped
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 8-10 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 inch ginger chopped
- 4 green chillies chopped
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli paste
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp thick yogurt (curd, dahi)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Vegetable oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
How to make Chicken 65:
- Combine the yogurt, salt, cornflour, pepper powder and vinegar.
- Mix well and add chicken pieces.
- Coat the chicken well into the mixture and keep aside for 20-25 minutes.
- Deep fry the chicken pieces into hot vegetable oil till they turn into nice golden color.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add curry leaves and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds starts crackling then add green chillies, minced garlic and chopped ginger.
- Mix well and saute just for few seconds.
- Add fried chicken and quickly toss with salt, red chilli paste and tomato ketchup.
- Cook on medium high heat for 2 minutes.
- Now add soy sauce and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve as a delicious Chinese starter.
- Add good amount of water, if you want to serve it as a main course dish.
- You may add your favorite vegetables.