Tawa Aloo Bhindi is tremendous fried recipe made on the griddle with less oil but full of spices and flavors. This recipe is very delicious and perfect to serve as a side dish along with dal and rice or with any Indian flat bread. It also can be served as a unique breakfast with the chapati or bread slice.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 persons
- 4 potatoes (peeled and washed)
- 100 gms ladyfinger (green bhindi)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder
- Salt to taste
How to make Tawa Aloo Bhindi:
- Cut each potato vertically into two or three halves.
- Touch up or use a sharp knife through each potato piece.
- Also cut the bhindi’s vertically and run a pointed knife in the center of the bhindi.
- In a mixing bowl add all the spices, mix well.
- Heat a tawa on low flame and sprinkle 1 tsp of vegetable oil.
- Fill the mixture of spices one by one in the potatoes and bhindi’s.
- Coat all of them well with the spices and arrange on heating tawa.
- Sprinkle little bit of oil on top of the veggies.
- Leave to cook on low flame for 5-6 minutes or until turn into nice color.
- Flip them one by one and again drizzle some oil.
- Check the softness of vegetables with the knife.
- If they are cooked from both the sides then serve with rice and dal or with chapati.
- If you are in hurry then you may cover the tawa with the lid and leave to cook on low flame, in this way veggies will cook fast.
- If your mixture is over, but veggies are left, then make more mixture in the same way and stuff in the veggies.
Recommended Recipes for you: