Sev Puri is a most popular street chaat that can be easily made with simple ingredients which are available all the time in our kitchen, you just need to buy ready-made puris from outside and fill them with the toppings of your choice and chutney.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10
- 12 crispy and flat puris (store-bought)
- 2 tbsp onion thinly chopped
- 2 tbsp tomatoes thinly chopped
- 1/2 cup potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- 2 tbsp grapes chopped
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds (anar)
- 2-1/2 tbsp tamarind chutney
- 2 tbsp green chutney
- 1/2 cup thick curd
- 1/2 cup nylon sev
- 2 green chillies thinly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Chaat masala to sprinkle
- Salt as per taste
How to make Sev Puri:
- Arrange 4 puris in 3 individual serving plates (for 3 servings).
- We are using flat puris, hence no need to make hole in the centre of the puri.
- Now arrange thinly chopped onion, tomatoes and mashed potatoes on each puri.
- Pour little amount of tamarind and green chutney over each puri.
- Also spread little amount of curd.
- Sprinkle some salt, green chillies and chaat masala powder.
- Now spread good amount of nylon sev over all and again sprinkle some chaat masala powder.
- Finally spread fresh coriander, few chopped grapes and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve immediately.
- I have used flat puris for making sev puri, but you can take the puris which are used for making pani puri. If you are using pani puris then make a hole in the center and fill the stuffing.
- You can make this delicious sev puri with or without adding curd.