Amla (Gooseberry) Achar is the sweet and sour blend of fresh amla, lemon, sesame seeds and some flavorful spices.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
- 4 cups amla
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp whole jeera
- 2-1/2 tbsp sesame seeds (roasted & powdered)
- 4 green chillies (slit)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Amla Achar :
- Wash the amla thoroughly in normal water, pat dry and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add green chillies, mustard seeds and whole jeera.
- Saute for few seconds and then add amla.
- Amla should be continuous fried for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle little bit of water, salt, sugar, powdered sesame seeds and lemon juice.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it stay for 5 more minutes.
- Turn the flame to medium and stir regularly.
- Amla Achar is ready to serve with your meal.