Jeera Lassi is one of the most famous North Indian drink, made with curd, cream and cumin seeds. Roasted cumin powder gives a unique taste and flavor to the simple lassi and mostly served with delicious paratha’s.
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Processing time: 5 minutes
- 4 cups fresh thick curd (yogurt, dahi)
- 2 cups cold water
- 3/4 tsp roasted cumin powder (jeera powder)
- 4 tbsp fresh cream (Fresh or frozen malai)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Few Crushed Ice Cubes
How to make Jeera Lassi:
- Place the curd, cream, lemon juice, ice water and salt in a blender.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Add ice cubes and blend for another minute.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and process for 5-7 more seconds.
- Pour the prepared lassi into chilled glasses and sprinkle some roasted cumin.
- Serve with hot Indian Paratha.