Nutri Nuggets Curry is the combination of nutri nuggets with Phool Makhana, cooked in a rich Indian curry. nutri nuggets are soya chunks, which are cooked with makhana i.e phool patasha in korma based gravy. It is one of the tastiest recipes of Sindhi Cuisine. The combination of nutri nuggets and phool makhana is extremely healthy and high in calcium and protein.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups nutri nuggets (soya bean chunks)
- 1 cup makhana (phool patasha)
- 2 medium size onion coarsely chopped
- 6 tomatoes cut into big chunks
- 6 green chillies chopped
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp curd
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
Whole garam masala:
- 1 dried red chilli
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 black peppercorns
- 2 cloves
- 1 black cardamom
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
How to make Nutri Nuggets Curry:
- Boil the nutri nuggets and makhana in 6 cups of water for about 10 minutes.
- Check whether they are tender, if yes, then shift into the strainer and drain the excess water in a bowl.
- Do not throw this water, as it will be used later for making korma gravy.
- Heat a pan, add oil. When the oil starts heating then add onion.
- Fry until translucent and remove out from the oil. Leave to cool.
- In a grinding bowl add tomatoes and the fried onion.
- Grind to make a smooth puree.
- In a same pan (in which we have fried the onion) add whole garam masala and carom seeds.
- Saute for few seconds, add green chillies, minced ginger and garlic. Cook until raw flavor goes away.
- Add the grounded puree. Mix well.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder.
- Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes until oil touches the edges of the pan.
- Now add the boiled nutri nuggets and makhana,
- Also add garam masala powder, curd and lemon juice.
- Add the water in which nuggets and makhana were boiled and cover the pan with the tight lid.
- Leave to cook on low flame for about 5-6 minutes.
- Uncover and add fresh cream, mix well.
- Add kasuri methi and chopped cilantro.
- Cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve hot with roti, naan or jeera rice.
- Do not add more amount of water, this dish should be medium thick in consistency.
- You can add boiled potatoes in this gravy.
Recommended Recipes for you: