Methi Aloo Mattar is a three way combination of methi, potatoes and green peas. It is a unique way to cook all these three most leading vegetables in the spices and bhuna masala. Learn to make quick and tasty methi aloo mattar recipe and enjoy with any meal throughout the day.
How to make Methi Aloo Mattar:
Methi Aloo Mattar is a three way combination of methi, potatoes and green peas. It is a unique way to cook all these three most leading vegetables in the spices and bhuna masala.
- 1 bunch methi (fenugreek) chopped
- 2 potatoes coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 green chillies chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4-5 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh curd
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nigella seeds (kalo jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Salt to taste
- Deep fry the potatoes in sufficient oil and keep aside. In a heating pan add nigella and mustard seeds, allow to crackle.
- Add green chillies, chopped garlic and minced ginger, saute well. Add onion and salt. Cook on low flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Mix well and add green peas. Cover the pan with the lid and leave to cook for 4-5 minutes on low heat. Uncover and add methi and coriander powder. Add 1 cup of water. Mix well and again cover and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Stir occasionally in between, add fried potatoes and curd. Add garam masala powder and mix all together in the spices. Add sugar and fresh lemon juice, mix well. Cook for 2 more minutes and soak it fully. Garnish with cilantro and serve either with the chapati or tandoori roti.
You can add potatoes while adding green peas, but fried potatoes tastes very good in this recipe.
Tasty Indian Recipes
- You can add potatoes while adding green peas, but fried potatoes tastes very good in this recipe.
- Sugar is mainly to remove out the sourness of fenugreek leaves. Diabetic people may not add sugar but boil the methi instead.