Methi Paneer is a wonderful combination of methi (fenugreek) and paneer, cooked in a typical Punjabi style. It is absolutely irresistible and divine North Indian recipe. Serve a tempting methi paneer either as a main dish or as a side dish with daal fry and roti.
How to make Methi Paneer:
Methi Paneer is a wonderful combination of methi (fenugreek) and paneer, cooked in a typical Punjabi style.
- 1 bunch fenugreek leaves (methi)
- 100 gms paneer (cut in cubes)
- 4 tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 4 green chillies thinly chopped
- 2 tsp oil or ghee
- 1/2 cup sterilized milk
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder
- Salt to taste
- Chop methi leaves finely and wash in normal water for 3-4 times. Boil methi leaves with a pinch of salt in sufficient water. Drain water fully and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and add sufficient oil for deep frying paneer pieces. keep fried paneer pieces on paper napkin. Heat a deep shaped pan and add oil or ghee. Add chopped green chillies and ginger-garlic paste, saute well.
- Add chopped tomatoes, methi, salt, sugar, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Cook uncovered until water of methi leaves evaporate.
- Add milk and fried paneer. Add jeera powder, garam masala powder and dry mango powder. Mix very gently, cook for 2 minutes on low heat and serve hot with roti or Indian bread.
If your paneer is hard then before mixing with the methi, keep it in hot water for 20 minutes to make soft.You can add 2 tsp of milk powder diluted in 1 cup of water or fresh cream instead of milk.
Tasty Indian Recipes