Pistachio Shake is made with raw Pistachio (Pista), milk and some saffron strands. It is a yummy Indian drink and simply favorite of children and adults.
Preparation time: 4 minutes
Cooking time: 5-6 minutes
- 20 g raw unsalted pistachio (pista)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 ltr milk
- 5-6 saffron strands (kesar)
- Crushed Ice-cubes
How to make Pistachio Shake:
- Roast the pistachio little bit in a saucepan.
- Mix the roasted pistachio and sugar in a blender.
- Pulse few times to coarsely grind them.
- Add 1 cup of milk and blend until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the jar with a spatula to free the nuts.
- Continue blending by gradually adding remaining milk.
- Transfer the nut mixture to a heating pan and bring it on few boils.
- Stirring constantly, bring to full boil.
- Froth the milk two more times and then remove it from the flame.
- Now stir in a sweetener and saffron strands until dissolved.
- Place the strainer over the blender and pour in the milk.
- Partially cover and blend, starting at the low-speed and increasing it to high, till the milk is frothing.
- Place few cubes of ice in serving cups, pour the prepared shake.
- Sprinkle with pistachio silvers and serve chilled.