Simple dal is an easy way to cook masoor dal and later tempered with the spices and curry leaves. Today we are going to tell you that how to make simple and delicious dal dish even if you are a bachelor and cooking on your own, then this would be one of the best option for you.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup masoor dal
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp oil
How to make Simple Dal:
- Mix dal, salt, green chillies and turmeric powder in the pressure cooker.
- Cover and wait for 4-5 whistles until dal tenders.
- Open the pressure cooker and add water as per your requirement.
- Keep again of medium high flame on boil.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan and add jeera and curry leaves.
- Allow to splutter and add ginger-garlic paste along with tomato puree.
- Saute all the ingredients on medium high flame and adjust with little bit of salt.
- Add the mixture of sauce pan into the boiled dal.
- Leave to boil for about 10 minutes to blend the flavors into dal.
- Finally garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot with rice or roti.
- Another way of cooking this dal is that you can add tomatoes at the time of pressure cooking it and then temper with spices and ginger-garlic paste.
- This is the most easiest way to make spicy and tasty simple dal.