Simple Rajma Curry is made in a simple way, but really tastes great. Rajma (kidney beans) are cooked in tomato based gravy and seasoned with spices. It is a quick way to make such a great North Indian dish and best to serve with roti or rice.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 200 gm Kidney beans (rajma)
- 1 big onion chopped
- 4 tomatoes finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Handful cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Simple Rajma Curry:
- Soak the rajma overnight.
- Next morning, Boil them in a pressure cooker till tender and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- Allow the seeds to splutter and then add green chillies along with ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute for few seconds, now add chopped onions.
- Fry until onions browned.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook until the gravy becomes pulpy.
- Add boiled rajma, salt and spices.
- Mix well and stir in 2 cups of water.
- Bring the rajma on few boils for about 6-7 minutes.
- Finally add good amount of chopped cilantro.
- Cook for 6-7 more minutes, until the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot with puri, roti or rice.