Garlic has several medicinal uses and it is considered good for the health as well. Read more to know about garlic and its benefits for the health.
We human’s are blessed with lots of gifts from the Nature and garlic is one of those gifts. We have been hearing so many proverbs regarding garlic since childhood. Some says that garlic is good just like 10 mothers and some says that Garlic a day keep sickness at bay.
Most probably it is regarded as a miracle by naturopaths & herbalists. Many researches have done on garlic and they are genuinely said that garlic is one of the very good and beneficial cure for several health related problems.
The garlic clove contains various nutrients as water-soluble nutrients include vitamins, enzymes, amino acids and natural sugars & oil soluble nutrients includes sulphur compounds originating from an amino acid named alliin which is converted to a pungent compound called allicin that has natural antibiotic properties.
Presence of sulphur in garlic is the cause of its pungent smell. However, the quality of Garlic cannot be over hidden due to this smell.
Following are some of the Garlic Medicinal Uses:
- Garlic acts as an antiseptic & helps in curing the wounds and injuries very quickly and effectively.
- Garlic helps in fighting against various infection & acts against inflammation such as colds and coughs by adding a freshly cut raw clove to food three times a day or take kyolic garlic capsules but raw is always best.
- In some studies in China, it has been shown that garlic contains chemicals that prevent cancer. They suggest that eating garlic on regular basis provides some protection against cancer.
- Fresh or cooked garlic or 500 mg garlic capsules twice daily helps in lowers down the blood pressure & cardiovascular problems.
- Garlic increases the levels of high density lipoproteins & reduces harmful cholesterol in the blood & keeps arteries and heart healthy.
- It thins the blood, reduces the clotting and helps in controlling blood pressure and poor circulation.
- Garlic stimulates the immune system of body & helps in fighting against various diseases.
- It Prevents & relieves chronic bronchitis, respiratory problems, and catarrh.
- It acts as a nasal decongestants & expectorant.
- Garlic is helpful for hum oral asthma, hysteria, dropsy & scurvy.
- Garlic works as a cleanser of the digestive system and helps in curing flatulence, kills internal parasites and is an excellent internal antiseptic.
- Researcher recommends daily dose of fresh garlic of about 4 gm, which is equal to one or two small cloves for each & every person who wants to keep himself healthy.
- There are various historical facts which have been proving that Garlic has been used from centuries for its medicinal uses. From around 3000 B.C. Chinese scholars are praising garlic.
- The workers who were engaged in constructing the Great Pyramids of Giza lived mainly on garlic & onion.
- During World War I, Garlic was used to control the infections in wounds.
- It was also used for controlling a raging epidemic of flu in 1963 in Russia.
- From the above information, you must have understood that we can have lots of health benefits from such a nice natural gift, hence we must do the proper use of it.
- Let’s start taking garlic as a diet for our food & enjoy the life without lots of diseases and infections.
- Garlic does not have any kind of side effect, so you can take it without any doubt or tension.