Pregnant ladies should have a balanced diet during pregnancy. This article will provide you some guidelines, such as in what way an Indian diet should be taken during pregnancy and how a would be mother can take a very good care of herself during her pregnancy period.
Pregnant mothers are always thinking about eating, as they wonder what they should eat & what not. Some says a mother should take the diet of two persons because she needs to take care of one more life in her womb. But is it true? If yes, then what they should eat & what not, this questions is arising in the mind of every pregnant woman.
If it is not true? then how the baby will get proper diet to grow as a healthy child? There are so many questions which needs to be answered.
When you will consult with your doctor they will suggest you a balanced diet. So that mother & child both gets a proper nutrition for their body. Basically Balanced diet must contain some or other thing from the entire food group. Not only this but balanced diet also meant to keep track on the proper quantity, quality & reaction or allergy of any food on mother, because that ultimately affects the child as well.
Following are some important tips that will help you and your baby stay healthy and balanced:
- There must be a proper control on the intake of Vitamin A, as it may cause damage to embryo.
- You must eat lots of fresh and seasonal fruits.
- Cabbage, Cauliflower & all long green vegetables such as Tondali, Turai, Louki, Parwal, Spinach, cluster beans must be used alternately.
- No matter how much the things are favorite of you, but you should be aware about their contents.
- Doctors also advised to reduce the brinjal, suran/yam, papaya, celery, onion, chilli, garlic, ginger, pepper, asfoetida, mustard, bajara, carom seeds, jaggery from your diet. You must remember that those who have previous history of abortion knows better and must avoid these food items.
- Would be mothers who are suffering from the stomach problems, such as acidity, constipation, bloating, etc, should avoid eating green peas, potaotes and heavy cereals.
- Instead of those foods, you must eat green gram , it’s because it is easy in digestions and gives a lot of proteins to the body.
- Black grapes, banana, ripe mango, dates, cashew nuts, apricot are very beneficial.
- Some dairy produces, such as Butter, clarified butter, milk, honey, fennel seeds, sweets made from jaggery rather than white sugar can be taken in small quantity.
- Rice, Murmure, pulao, Bhakari, Khichri, Chapati, Paratha, Gujarati thepla are the items made from wheat and rice, so they are quite beneficial.
- Food Items such as sandwiches, bakery breads, bun, dhokla, pizza, bergers, handva, pancake, khaman, steamed rice cake, curd, tomato, tamarind, kadhi usually increase the swellings and acidity. So, try to avoid eating such food items, but if you do not have such problems, then you can take them in small proportion.
- Indian women must not keep any fasts during pregnancy, as it is not good for health of the woman and her baby.
- Never eat left over, frozen & deep-frozen food.
- Avoid some things, such as cold drinks, mutton, cocoa, chicken, eggs, alcohol, smoking, tobacco, betel nuts, pan- masala, etc.
- You can take tea, coffee & ice-creams in small quantity.
- Remember, the baby growing inside you is fully dependent on you and being a responsible mother you need to take a proper care of your nutrition.
- If you will take healthy & balanced diet, your child will become healthy.
- During the pregnancy, mothers must focus on supplemental nutrients while maintaining a balanced and nutritious diet. They must get a list of healthy Indian foods and meal planning tips from doctors to eat well during a pregnancy.
- Also many pregnancy care books and blogs are available to aware the women, so keep reading them.Indian women must maintain a high quality diet during their pregnancy to get a fit, fine and a healthy baby. No matter, if any junk food item attracts you. You need to have a full control on you for the proper care of your baby. So start the diet chart from today itself to become a healthy mom with healthy child.